UK Roofing Awards Winners 2017
Last Friday (19th May) saw the annual UK Roofing Awards from the National Federation of Roofing Contractors take place at Park Plaza in London.
The winners were announced to over 800 in attendance by ‘voice of the balls’ Alan Dedicoat, with host Steph McGovern from BBC Breakfast handing out the awards.
Winners from the 11 categories were:
- Green Roofing – Skygarden Ltd working with Topek Ltd Project: The Macallan Distillery
- Hard Metal Roofing – Roles Broderick Roofing Ltd Project: Exeter College, University of Oxford
- Heritage Roofing – Sponsored by Klober – Emerton Roofing (Western) Ltd Project: The Boat House
- Lead Roofing – Sponsored by Chandlers Roofing Supplies – K&M Leadwork Ltd Project: Goring Clock Tower
- Liquid Applied Roofing and Waterproofing – Mitie Tilley Roofing Ltd Project: North Terminal, Gatwick Airport
- Mastic Asphalt / Hot Melt – Sponsored by EagleView – Prater Ltd working with Radmat Building Products Ltd Project: Fitzroy Place
- Reinforced Bitumen Membranes – M&J Group Project: Fleet Bank House
- Roof Slating – Contour Roofing (Essex) Ltd Project: St Joseph’s College
- Roof Tiling – Rowlands Roofing Ltd working with Marley Eternit Project: Quintain House
- Sheeting and Cladding – Sponsored by ECIC – Lakesmere Project: Greenwich Energy Centre (Optik Cloak)
- Single Ply Roofing – Carlisle Construction Materials Ltd working with Topek Ltd Project: The Macallan Distillery
In addition to the category winners, awards were also presented to the following accolades for their outstanding standards of workmanship and technical excellence:
- Roof of the Year – sponsored by SIG Roofing, this award was presented to Rowlands Roofing Ltd in association with Marley Eternit for work on Quintain House. This award was chosen by the UK Roofing Awards Judges from this year’s winners.
- CITB Exceptional Contribution to Training – this award went to Beverley Sexton of Jackson Jackson & Sons Ltd
- Young Leadworker of the Year (Lead Sheet Association) – this award was scooped by Jay Stubbs, a self-employed leadworker trading as LDN Leadwork Ltd
- Murdoch Sponsor’s Award (Lead Contractors Association) – Celtic Leadwork won this award for its work on a Primary School in Notting Hill, London
- Murdoch Award (Lead Contractors Association) – Conservation Leadwork Ltd won this award for its work on Culham Court Chapel
Commenting on the competition winners, James Talman, chief executive at NFRC, said: “Congratulations to all our winners. The Awards is the highlight of the roofing calendar and this year was no exception. The judging panel was blown away with the quality of entries and every winner should be proud of their achievement.”
James added: “We would like to thank everyone that entered the competition and all those who have supported the event, including the headline sponsor, SIG Roofing, for their continued support and all sponsors.”